Books reviewed on this website
We welcome books for review if they are related to the issues discussed on this web site! Write to me!
- Priesteramt der Frau - Geschenk Gottes für eine erneuerte Kirche, by Ida Raming (review in English)
- Holy Saturday: An Argument for the Restoration of the Female Diaconate in the Catholic Church, by Phyllis Zagano
- Zur Priesterin Berufen, by Ida Raming, Gertrud Jansen, Iris Müller und Mechtilde Neuendorff
- Women in Ministry. Biblical & Historical Perspectives, by Nancy Vyhmeister (ed.)
- No Way Out? Pastoral Care of the Divorced and Remarried, by Bernard Haering, 1990
- The Catholic Woman, by Jeanne Pieper, 1993.
- Women of the Gospels by Mary Ellen Ashcroft, 1997.
- When Women Were Priests: Womens Leadership in the Early Church and the Scandal of their Subordination in the Rise of Christianityby Karen Jo Torjesen, 1993.
- Priscilla's Letter. Finding the Author of the Epistle to the Hebrews, by Ruth Hoppin, 1997.
- Orthodox Women Speak. Discerning the Signs of the Times, edited by Kyriaki Karidoyanes Fitzgerald, 1997.
- Women deacons in the Orthodox Church, by Kiriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald, 1998.
- Let her Keep It! Jesus´ ordination of Mary of Bethany, by Thomas Butler, 1998.
- The Goddess in the Gospel. by Margaret Starbird, 1998.
- In Good Company by Leslie Orr Macdonald, 1999.
- Women Deacons, by Dorothea Reininger, 1999.
- Is the Pope Catholic? A Woman Confronts her Church, by Joanna Manning, 1999.
- The Inquisition, by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, 1999
- The Reform of the Papacy : The Costly Call to Christian Unity by John R.Quinn. 1999.
- When Women Become Priests by Kelley A Raab, 2000.
- Making Liturgy. Creating Rituals for Worship and Life, by Dorothea McEwan, Pat Pinsent, Ianthe Pratt and Veronica Seddon, 2001.
- Authority in the Roman Catholic Church. Theory and Practice, ed. Bernard Hoose, 2002.
- No Women in Holy Orders? The Women Deacons of the Early Church, by John Wijngaards, 2003. (Review in French by Suzanne Tunc.)
- Good Catholic Girls, How Women are Leading the Fight to Challenge the Church by Angela Bonavoglia, 2005
- Webster's Timeline History (40-2007), by Professor Philip M. Parker, 2009.
- A Theology of Women's Priesthood , by Ali Green 2010.
See also: Reviews of The Ordination of Women in the Catholic Church by John Wijngaards, 2001.
JOIN AS A MEMBER by donating monthly, and as a Thank You we will send you a free copy of Dr Ally Kateusz, Mary and Early Christian Women: Hidden Leadership (Palgrave MacMillan, 2019).
We are a network of scholars and volunteers who fight for gender equality in the Christian Churches and other religions.
Donations from taxpayers in the USA, UK, Netherlands, are tax deductible:
UK: Registered Charity Number 1053251;
Netherlands: KvK no. 41056067;
USA: Registered 501(c)3 non-profit, EIN: 26-3430065.